I apologize for the downtime as my hosting provider couldn’t keep up with the server load. T__T
The site might experience some technical difficulties as we’re upgrading to another server to keep up with the demand.
Anyway, back to regular programming. ^^;
I think this is the first time I’ve seen a booth hire a professional model to promote their products for this type of convention.
You usually see pro models like her during car shows but very rarely for anime/ comics/ toy conventions.
So “YAY!” for progress and doing something unique! 😉
For some unknown reason (to me, that is), Manila Comic-Con now became Metro Comic Con. @_@
Like most conventions of this nature, Metro Comic Con had the usual assortment of booths selling toys, figures, cosplay paraphernalia, anime stuff, etc. They also had sponsors setting up their own booths, like the one for the G.I. Joe movie.
And of course, no convention is complete without cosplayers. ^^
Interesting to see that the AFP (Associated Foreign Press and NOT Armed Forces of the Philippines!) is now taking notice of cosplay by posting a vid of the recently concluded ChinaJoy Cosplay Championship in China.
You can view the vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJmT6timAGc
Too bad that embedding of the vid is disabled, though. 🙁
Teams of teenagers and men and women in their early 20s dress up as Asian popular culture manga characters and act out fantasy role playing games at China’s annual Cosplay championship
You can see pics of the babes at ChinaJoy on this Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaoj/
Just a short warning before clicking that link: the babes are drool-worthy! LOLz 🙂
I. Eligibility / Requirement:
- This contest is open to cosplayers and amateur film-makers. Professional film-makers are not eligible to join the contest.
- This video contest is open to all ages.
- To join, participants must be a member of either Cosplay.ph or TV5Kommunity . To become a member of Cosplay.ph, simply register at the Cosplay.ph homepage, www.cosplay.ph. To become a member of TV5Kommunity, register at www.tv5.com.ph/community.html
- Participants must also have a registered account in YouTube for uploading video submissions. To register for an account, simply go to “Sign Up” at the upper-right corner of the YouTube homepage (http://www.youtube.com). Registration is free.
- Participants must be residents of the Philippines.
- Members of the Cosplay Mania organizing committee, TV5 employees (MPB Primedia, Inc. And Associated Broadcasting Company) and Costube liaisons, and their relations up to the second degree of consanguinity are disqualified from entering this contest.
- The theme of the video contest is “Group Cosplay.” Participants must create a video consisting of a group of cosplayers performing a skit or other similar executions, to be uploaded and open for online viewing (via YouTube). The skit can be in the form of role play (i.e. action, drama, comedy), either a re-enactment of scenes from certain animation / live-action shows that are not on other local channels except TV5, or an original storyline. It can even be an advertisement promoting the cosplay event itself (Cosplay Mania ’09). It’s up to you to decide what kind of video you want to present so long as it’s fun and enjoyable to watch.
- Video entry should be no longer than two (2) minutes in length.
- Costube logo, Cosplay Mania logo and TV5 logo will be provided and are required to appear within the video. This can take in any form but the logo itself should be unaltered.
- To submit the video entry, it must be uploaded to YouTube. Link should be submitted in the online form posted in the Cosplay Mania site. Note: Information from registration will be shared by Cosplay Mania organizers and TV5.
- Videos can be submitted starting June 1, 2009. The last day for submission is on August 8, 2009, 11:59 PM.
- TV5 and Cosplay Mania officials will pick the top five (5) video entries on August 15, 2009. These videos will be featured on TV5 during the weeks leading to the Cosplay Mania 2009 event. These will also be featured during the event on September 13, 2009.
- Cash prizes of Php10,000 will be awarded to each of the top five (5) finalists.
- The Grand Costube winner will be awarded a cash prize of Php50,000.
- The best video that features at least three (3) characters from any TV5 Animega title will be “TV5’s Pick” and will be awarded a cash prize of Php10,000. Click here to see all TV5 Animega titles.