I. Eligibility / Requirement:
- This contest is open to cosplayers and amateur film-makers. Professional film-makers are not eligible to join the contest.
- This video contest is open to all ages.
- To join, participants must be a member of either Cosplay.ph or TV5Kommunity . To become a member of Cosplay.ph, simply register at the Cosplay.ph homepage, www.cosplay.ph. To become a member of TV5Kommunity, register at www.tv5.com.ph/community.html
- Participants must also have a registered account in YouTube for uploading video submissions. To register for an account, simply go to “Sign Up” at the upper-right corner of the YouTube homepage (http://www.youtube.com). Registration is free.
- Participants must be residents of the Philippines.
- Members of the Cosplay Mania organizing committee, TV5 employees (MPB Primedia, Inc. And Associated Broadcasting Company) and Costube liaisons, and their relations up to the second degree of consanguinity are disqualified from entering this contest.
- The theme of the video contest is “Group Cosplay.” Participants must create a video consisting of a group of cosplayers performing a skit or other similar executions, to be uploaded and open for online viewing (via YouTube). The skit can be in the form of role play (i.e. action, drama, comedy), either a re-enactment of scenes from certain animation / live-action shows that are not on other local channels except TV5, or an original storyline. It can even be an advertisement promoting the cosplay event itself (Cosplay Mania ’09). It’s up to you to decide what kind of video you want to present so long as it’s fun and enjoyable to watch.
- Video entry should be no longer than two (2) minutes in length.
- Costube logo, Cosplay Mania logo and TV5 logo will be provided and are required to appear within the video. This can take in any form but the logo itself should be unaltered.
- To submit the video entry, it must be uploaded to YouTube. Link should be submitted in the online form posted in the Cosplay Mania site. Note: Information from registration will be shared by Cosplay Mania organizers and TV5.
- Videos can be submitted starting June 1, 2009. The last day for submission is on August 8, 2009, 11:59 PM.
- TV5 and Cosplay Mania officials will pick the top five (5) video entries on August 15, 2009. These videos will be featured on TV5 during the weeks leading to the Cosplay Mania 2009 event. These will also be featured during the event on September 13, 2009.
- Cash prizes of Php10,000 will be awarded to each of the top five (5) finalists.
- The Grand Costube winner will be awarded a cash prize of Php50,000.
- The best video that features at least three (3) characters from any TV5 Animega title will be “TV5’s Pick” and will be awarded a cash prize of Php10,000. Click here to see all TV5 Animega titles.
- Only one video entry per Cosplay.ph/YouTube account. If multiple entries are received from the same entrant, only the first entry submitted by that entrant will qualify; subsequent entries shall be disqualified.
- Each entry must have at least one (1) valid email account in order to qualify.
- Videos must contain real-life footages of least three (3) up to ten (10) cosplayers per group appearing anywhere within the video. Even if the video entry is created entirely through animation and effects, the requirement to have real-life footages as stated above still remains.
- There is no limit to the number of other actors (e.g. people in normal clothing, background people, etc.) that will appear within the video.
- Cosplayers appearing in the video can cosplay characters from any genre, whether it’s from an anime, manga, games, comics, movies, western animation, visual kei, harajuku fashion, etc. encouraging contestants to have anime shows featured in TV5 as their reference. Organizers reserve the right not to feature videos containing scenes, images, or characters from animated shows appearing on local free TV channels other than TV5. Original Cosplay is also not allowed.
- Fanservice (e.g. yaoi/boy-to-boy romance, yuri/girl-to-girl romance, among others) is allowed but should be portrayed as “General Patronage.” Any kind of fanservice considered to be extreme and deemed inappropriate for minors (e.g. excessive kissing, public display of affection, graphic violence and explicit profanity among others) are strictly prohibited. In the same manner, costumes and outfits featured in the entries which are too revealing (e.g. exposing private parts) are prohibited. Scantily-clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but are not encouraged. The Cosplay Mania team has the right to disqualify any video entry on these grounds.
- Photos or other digital images, such as art, animation or manga, are allowed as part of the video as long as the requirement for real-life footages above still remains. Videos composed entirely of non-moving objects (e.g. pure photo collage video, powerpoint presentations, slideshows, etc.) are strictly not allowed. Henceforth, the video entry will be considered disqualified.
- Participants can include video footages of any animation, game or still images (e.g. manga clips) for their chosen character preferences using any video-capturing application of their choice (e.g. Fraps). Videos composed entirely of these grounds without real-life footages of cosplayers are also strictly not allowed. Henceforth, the video entry will be considered disqualified.
- Participants can capture real life footagess using any video-capturing gadget of their choice (e.g. cellphone camera, digicam, etc.).
- The use of background music and sound effects are allowed.
- Participants can edit their video entries with any application of their choice (e.g. Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc.).
- Attribution and Credits: The use of background music, sound effects and images (including, but not limited to, scans and video footages) of pre-existing work, such as, but not limited to, animation/anime, comics/manga, videogames and live-action videos are allowed. All pre-existing work used in the creation of the video entry must be indicated at the credit’s line at the end of the video, and must also be listed in the description section of the YouTube page holding the video entry as follows: [selection used] from [title of pre-existing work] by [creator]. The credits list must end with the disclaimer “All rights are reserved their respective owners.”
- When uploading your video in YouTube, use and append the tags “cosplay.ph,” “cosplay mania,” “cosplaymania”, “cosmania” and “tv5” for easy searching. Any other tags than those mentioned defining the content of the video is allowed.
- Edited links/posts will be considered invalid. Should the uploader wish to change the link of his/her entry video for whatever reason, please email your entry details to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the reason for editing / changing.
- Participants must keep a hi-resolution copy of the file of the video they have submitted and uploaded through YouTube. The uploaded original video MUST NOT BE EDITED after it is uploaded. The original video must be presented in either WMV, AVI or MPEG4 formats enclosed on a media (e.g.. CD, USB Flash Drives, etc.).
- The top five (5) video finalists must each submit a hi-resolution copy of their video entry to the Cosplay Mania personnel in a pre-production meeting in which the date and venue will be provided thru email notification.
- TV5, Cosplay Mania and its organizers reserve the right to disqualify or refuse a video entry under sufficient grounds as stated above any time during the contest without prior notice. Participants should ensure that they have read and understood the rules above.
Ready to join? Click on the Registration Form here.
Any related inquiries to the rules listed herein must be addressed to the Cosplay Mania video contest committee at email@example.com.
Note: Rules and guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.