Eastwood City at Libis, Quezon City will be having an Easter Wonderland event on April 12, 2009. Included in the event is a Cosplay Contest.
Read on for further details.
Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009
Time: 1:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Eastwood City
Phone: 687-6770 to 74 loc. 121
Eastwood City’s Easter Wonderland Cosplay Contest Rules
1. The contest will be limited to a maximum of 25 participants. Entries are for individuals only; no group of individuals. Participation in the cosplay is on a first come first served basis.
2. Participants could cosplay any character that they want, from any genre (anime, manga, games, comics, movies, western animation, visual kei, harajuku fashion, etc.)
3. Registration starts at 1:00 pm. After this, cosplayers are encouraged to participate in the parade. One cosplayer is allowed 2 companions, after which, a fee of P50.00 will be charged for every person in excess of the two.
4. Fashion show and presentation will begin at 3:00 PM. Holding area for cosplayers before the fashion show is at the back of the stage (Main Wonderland).
5. Presentations and skits are limited to 50 seconds per cosplayer to allow time for other cosplayers. Fashion show will end at 3:30 PM.
6. A cosplayer with a skit needs to be introduced by the emcee. Please have your short description of your skit ready before registration for cosplayers or send it ahead of time.
7. If you plan to carry a weapon, you must consult with organizers of Easter Wonderland Cosplay contest. All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to fellow cosplayers and event attendees.
8. No flashpots or explosive devices. No liquids.
9. Props will have to be carried on and off the stage by the contestants.
10. We will not have dressing rooms. Please be prepared to participate in the parade and fashion show when you arrive.
11. Cosplayers are encouraged to go around the different “worlds” of Easter Wonderland until the announcement of winners.
12. Costumes that are too revealing are prohibited. Scantly clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but are not encouraged. No nudity allowed – no costume is no costume. We reserve the right to insist on modifications to costumes. Please keep in mind that Eastwood City’s Easter Wonderland is a wholesome and general patronage event.
13. Eastwood City’s Easter Wonderland organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a cosplayer in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
14. Winners will be announced at 6:00 PM. There will be 4 winners with the following prizes:
a. Best Male – Trophy as Best Male Cosplayer, Eastwood City Cinema Passes, Wine Gift Basket, 2 GB Imation Flash Drive and Azta Salon Gift Certificate
b. Best Female – Trophy as Best Female Cosplayer, Eastwood City Cinema Passes, Wine Gift Basket, 2 GB Imation Flash Drive and Azta Salon Gift Certificate
c. Runner up for Best Male – Trophy as Runner up for Best Male Cosplayer, Eastwood City Cinema Passes and 1 bottle of Wine
d. Runner up for Best Female – Trophy as Runner up for Best Female Cosplayer, Eastwood City Cinema Passes and 1 bottle of Wine
15. The judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
16. An adult must accompany all contestants under the age of 18. The adult doesn’t have to be on stage during the presentation or backstage ahead of time – just in the audience.
17. Participating cosplayers must send a digital file of the picture of the character that they will be cosplaying
18. Eastwood City reserves the right to disqualify any cosplayer who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.